By: Rosemary Feasey.
Establish previous knowledge, skills and understanding of concepts through engaging activities at the start of each unit
- Determine whether students have properly mastered the objectives for each unit with investigations and recap activities at the end
- Expand vocabulary and understanding with key scientific words to learn and practice
- Encourage peer assessment with talk partner activities throughout
- Inspire students to predict and question outcomes and concepts with investigations that demonstrate and test key scientific points
- Evaluate learning with a self-assessment checklist at the end of each unit and a practice test at the end of each chapter for summative assessment purposes.